A Complete Guide to Waterless Car Wash
“Don’t let me slip down the drain. If I flow away, the blue will disappear, the green will fade, and life will come to a standstill.” This is what every drop of water echoes in human ears now and then because every drop counts, when it comes to creating and maintaining a sustainable environment. This impact on Mother Earth has become a serious concern, bringing many environmentalists, industrialists, and other individuals together to restore the lost ecological balance with a mission to conserve the most valuable resource, ‘The Water’.
One important innovation that brainstormed with the dire need to conserve water is ‘Waterless Car Wash’, showcasing a perfect fusion of ‘Technology and Ecology’. This technological innovation in the automobile industry has proved to bring a revolution, experiencing a paradigm shift from traditional car wash using water to go waterless car wash.
As simple as it reads, it is a car wash method without the use of water. However, a very little amount of water may be put to use at times, but that indeed conquers the gallons of water wasted during traditional car washing, especially during commercial car washing. It is the most eco-friendly and efficient way of carwash in the modern-day society.
How Does Waterless Car Wash Work
When it comes to using a waterless car wash, the products are formulated with high lubricity sprays that encapsulate dust particles and dirt from the car surface. Here, you can have two options; you can either use ready-to-use waterless car wash formulas like KKE Dry Wash and KKE Silicone Free Waterless Car Wash Liquid or a cost-effective concentrate like KE4600 Silicone-Free Waterless Car Wash Concentrate.
When it comes to ready-to-use formulas, the waterless car wash formulation has special wetting and shining agents that quickly and efficiently removes the dirt, while giving an excellent shine. With the concentrate, what bothers most is how to make waterless car wash liquid using the concentrate. Surprisingly, the process is simple. For KE4600, a waterless car wash and wax spray, you simply have to dilute the concentrate 100 times to make a ready-to-use formula. Considering the silicone-free range, it is an integral aspect of the waterless car washing technique. This is because regular use of silicone may create a hydrophobic surface tension, which in turn, rolls off your car paint.
Then, there comes the consideration of cleaning the car interiors, windshield, and windows. For the interior, you have the option for selecting a good and reputed all-purpose cleaner that works perfectly for cleaning fiber parts, upholstery stains, door panels, and steering wheel. Such cleaners also work well for cleaning tires, tar marks, sticker gum, and degreasing. For the windshield and windows, you can choose to have any efficient glass cleaner, preferably the one with antifogging property to clean the dirt, while giving a streak-free finish.
All the products work effectively to wash your car, leaving your car cleaner and shinier. An important component that goes without mentioning in the waterless wash technique is a microfiber towel with high absorbency and softness. The towel effectively and efficiently helps wipe off the sprayed liquid while picking up the dirt from the surface.
If looking into the car washing market, there are ample waterless car wash products available. However, the right and optimum use of these products is a must to ensure that the process works flawlessly and efficiently.
Step-By-Step Guide for Waterless Car WashingFollow the step-by-step guide to do a waterless car wash:
- First, gather all the waterless car wash equipment, including the spray, wax, glass cleaner, all-purpose cleaner, and microfiber towel. You can opt to have an individual waterless car wash wax or a formulation that provides a perfect wash and wax protection for your car at the same time.
- Then, take a clean microfiber towel to help you scoop up the dust and dirt particles. Make sure to use a separate cloth for each section of your car, including the side glass, side doors, bumper, wheels, roof, hood, trunks, and the interior. You can even fold the cloth and use each fold for different section.
- Start with the roof of your car. If you opt to clean the roof later, you might spoil your efforts and time while cleaning the roof because the liquid and dirt will spill to other parts of your car.
- Spray the surface with a waterless car wash spray and leave it for a minute.
- Gently wipe the liquid while picking up the dirt with the microfiber cloth. Always make sure to wipe in one direction in a linear path, preferably in the wind direction.
- Use another fold of the cloth or a separate clean cloth to buff the surface.
- Switch to other areas of the car like the door panels, bumper, wheels, and hood. Use the same spray and the process in a similar manner. To clean the windshield and windows, use a glass cleaner and to clean the interior, use the all-purpose waterless car wash cleaner.
- Repeat the process for different sections of your car until you get a clean and shining car in your sight.
What are the Advantages of Waterless Car WashWaterless washing has many benefits to mention, whether you do it yourself or opt for a commercial waterless car wash machine. Some of the important advantages include:
- It is eco-friendly. Talking about the environmental impact, the advantage of no-water car wash over traditional car wash is evident. With a hose and bucket cleaning at home, you tend to use approximately 100 gallons of water per car wash. However, when it goes to waterless washing, the amount of water used per wash significantly reduces to almost 50 to 70%.
- It is faster and more convenient. All the time and effort required to clean with a hose and bucket disappear completely with waterless car washing. Just spray and wipe off.
- It is efficient to remove dirt, insects, dust, tar, and tree sap. Just one spray and a wipe take off all the unwanted particles from the surface.
- No chemicals are washed into the drain and add to the alarming water pollution in the modern-day society.
- One process does all. Washing, cleaning, buffing, and waxing; all the procedures are done simultaneously with just a few waterless car wash products. This gives a long-lasting shine and protection to your car.
What are the Disadvantages of Waterless Car Wash?Considering the present-day situation of the environment, the waterless car wash technique is a blessing. However, it has a few drawbacks that include:
- The entire range of waterless car cleaning products have an increased quantity of chemicals. However, if the products are silicone-free and biodegradable, this disadvantage can be significantly ignored to the best use of silicone-free waterless car wash products.
- The other disadvantage is its inability to clean heavily dirty cars. The only limitation here is that it works best on cars with light dirt accumulation.
The Bottom Line
Gone are the days when you were bound to search on the net for ‘waterless car wash near me’ to get the perfect look and shine of your car. Moreover, the time and cost it takes for commercial washing and cleaning has become a cause of consideration.
You can now opt for a waterless car wash kit with all the required equipment for waterless washing. We, at KKE, with the best waterless car wash products strive to deliver the most promising and cost-effective range for your DIY car washing products. We also strive to push your hopes and aspirations inclined towards kickstarting your startup with a waterless car wash business plan. To drive your business ideas, we have the most competitive waterless car wash machines to add new dimensions to the needed foundation in auto care and restoration.